The Department of Neurology at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is actively recruiting fellowship trained Stroke/Vascular Neurologists to join our rapidly expanding program in the role of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and/or Professor.
The Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is one of Philadelphia's leading academic medical centers. Temple Health is home to more than 1,000 physicians and scientists who share the mission of bringing innovative treatments to the diverse communities we serve. Giving our patients access to some of the world's most advanced therapies to help them achieve outcomes once thought impossible, is the driving force for all our clinical care, research, and medical education.
The Neurosciences Center at Temple University Hospital is one of the Philadelphia region's best facilities for the treatment of neurological disorders. Its mission-driven culture, state-of-the-art diagnostic center, and wide range of clinical trials and basic science/translational research in the areas of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, AIDS dementia, Stroke, Neurovirology, Substance Abuse and more, mean access to advanced treatment options for our patients.
Our highly skilled neurology and neurosurgery faculty are committed to providing:
• education that is patient-centered, instilling in learners the School’s ethic of human service and lifelong learning;
• research that advances and integrates basic and clinical science; and
• patient care that is administered with compassion and understanding, utilizing contemporary knowledge and techniques.
Several of our physicians have been consistently selected by their peers as "Top Doctors," both locally and nationally. Working together, our neurologists and neurosurgeons use the latest protocols and state-of-the-art equipment, including the Leksell Gamma Knife® 4C and the Elekta Synergy® S, to diagnose and develop individualized treatment plans for the full range of neurological problems.
What the Job Offers:
In addition to a competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits – including health, dental, vision, life, malpractice, paid vacation, CME and disability at group rates, and more – the position offers:
• a uniquely supportive practice environment with an emphasis on quality patient care, research, teaching;
• individual career development, and collegiality among faculty members and hospital leadership;
• the opportunity to influence the development of the service line during a period of rapid growth; with
• flexibility to create your own areas of focus within the program;
• leadership roles for qualified candidates; and a
• predictable schedule.
• Temple Health Science Campus as well suburban partner locations.
• M.D. or M.D. /Ph.D. with active Board Certification or Eligibility in Neurology, and Stroke/Vascular Neurology.
• Eligibility for unrestricted medical licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• A strong interest in developing a vibrant clinical practice, medical education and clinical research.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to the culture, needs, and aspirations of the community.
• Rank and compensation commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a current curriculum vita by clicking on the link above.
Please address all applications to: Paul M. Katz, M.D., Interim Chair, Department of Neurology, Director, Temple Stroke Program, C/O Jessica N. Vega, Senior Physician/Faculty Recruiter, Department of Physician/Faculty Recruitment & Retention Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute through their research, teaching, and/or service to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.